Communications and Campaign Officer (SDG Academy Indonesia)
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of SDG Academy Indonesia Director or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Communications and Campaign Officer for SDG Academy Indonesia will:
a) Support the SDG Academy Indonesia to ensure annual communication strategy being implemented;
• Develop annual communication strategy, including key messaging, to showcase SDG Academy Indonesia’s programs and to engage both existing and potential participants;
• Develop the structure and draft key messages for annual reporting document for stakeholders;
• Coordinate with and assist the Director to provide other services related program communication.
b) Plan and Implement Communication Activities;
• Support the launch of programs by creating compelling content for digital and social media channels, press release for media, and/or other initiatives;
• Managing communication channels of the SDG Academy Indonesia, including not limited to digital and social media channels;
• In charge for the production of communications materials including digital and social media content, visual design communication, infographics, publications and promotional items, videos, etc;
• Identify opportunities to build the visibility of SDG Academy Indonesia’s programs through strategic partnerships, whether through campaigns, events, or other communication initiatives;
• Identify and write/edit stories highlighting participants experiences during programs as well as alumni’s stories;
• When necessary, assist organizing virtual events, managing multiple work streams including speakers, moderators, run of show, scripting and media attendance for other SDG Academy Indonesia’s initiatives.
c) Monitor and Evaluate Communication Initiatives;
• Monitor emerging issues, feedbacks, and/or potential risk from communication channels and report to the SDG Academy Indonesia team;
• Propose contingency plans or improvement ideas for better communicating the programs.
d) Knowledge Sharing
• Promotes knowledge sharing on new approaches, thinking and ways of communications and campaign;
• Develops and produces contents that inform strategic information and initiatives through social media platforms;
• Continuous improvement to optimize the benefit of communications strategy.
e) The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
• Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
• Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
• Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
• Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
• Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
• Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.
f) Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- 3 years of experience in communication, digital campaign, public relations, or journalism;
- Experience in providing support to strategic communication and program campaigns;
- Relevant experience in using platforms and necessary applications for producing and editing communications products, such as infographics, factsheets, photo stories and videos, and social media tools;
- Excellent written communication / copywriting skills, and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge and experience in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) related projects;
- Sufficient network with government and private sector.
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in communication, digital communication, mass communications, journalism, marketing, or public relations